I have major issues with a current order I have with Sears and don’t know where to turn for satisfaction.
• 8/29/12 – placed an order for an Electrolux washer (EWFLX70JIW), dryer (EPWD15IW) with matching pedestals.
• 9/11/12 – made arrangements to meet and take receipt of the order. The order was delivered. The washer top was heavily damaged and the dryer top was heavily dinged / dinted. They both were damaged prior to unpacking. I took receipt of both from the delivery people and told them I would work with Sears to have repaired.
• 9/11/12 – after taking delivery I noticed that the delivery people damaged my hardwood floors (scratched) just outside the laundry room, busted the wood threshold at the laundry room door and ripped a hole in the (brand new-2 days old) vinyl flooring in the laundry room.
• 9/11/12 – called Sears Customer Service. Reported the damaged floors. They recorded the damage details and the CS people made arrangements for a damage claim associate to contact me within a couple of days. I also reported the damaged washer and dryer. By my suggestion, I asked Sears if they could simply have a technician repair / replace the tops to the washer and dryer, instead of replacement. I would rather take this route due to the damage incurred with my floors. They arranged my request.
• 9/13/12 – met Sears Factory Representative at my home. Due to the extensive damage to the washer, the tech advised me to have Sears replace. I called Sears CS and made arrangements to replace both the washer and dryer. They wanted to pick-up the damaged washer and dryer immediately, but I explained I did not want to do that until they delivered the replacements. I then had to place a second order and purchase a second washer and dryer. When asked what day to schedule delivery, I choose Saturday 9/22/12.
• 9/17/12 Monica Turner with 3PD called and asked about my damaged floors. I sent her pictures and she asked me to get an estimate, submit it to her, and she would arrange an insurance adjuster to visit me at my home.
• 9/20/12 – I selected a local flooring provider (Anderson Carpets) and met them at my home to prepare a damaged floor estimate.
• 9/20/12 – was contacted by Sears to make arrangements for a 9/25/12 delivery. (?????) I explained that the original replacement delivery was scheduled with Sears CS for 9/22/12. They said they don’t deliver on Saturday’s which was 9/22. So I rescheduled delivery again for 10/2/12.
• 9/27/12 – Sent Monica Turner with 3PD my damaged floor estimate. She then informed me that I would also need a second estimate. I currently have that estimate scheduled for 10/4/12 of which I will have to make arrangements to be at my home again.
• 10/2/12 – My scheduled delivery window for the replacement washer and dryer was scheduled between 2:45 and 4:45. At 6:15 the delivery people had not called. I then called Sears CS and asked to speak to a manager. I was put on hold for 20 minutes waiting for a manager and then was cut off. I called back and spoke with the CS rep. and told them I would not be able to continue waiting for the delivery people due to another appointment I was obligated. The delivery people called me at 7:00 apologizing for the lateness. I told them I was not at home and could not take delivery. I would have to reschedule. Sears called at 7:15 to reschedule delivery. I asked for my convenience if they could delivery on 10/13/12. They again were unwilling to deliver on a Saturday. The first date for Sears’s convenience would be on 10/16/12. I terminated the call.
Summary at this point:
• I have purchased and have been charged for two washers, two dryers and the original pedestals ($6122.40)
• I have received one damaged washer and one damaged dryer after 34 days.
• I have made arrangements for two deliveries and still have to make arrangements for a 3rd. Each and every time, I have to leave my job, 3 hours early.
• I was told they could deliver on Saturday and then told they could not.
• On the 2nd delivery I waited 1:15 minutes past the delivery window before having to leave for an appointment. Sears delivery called me 2 hours past the delivery window saying they were ready to delivery. I was not at home at this point.
• No cooperation by Sears CS to deliver to my home other than on TUESDAYS.
• I was told by Monica Turner (damaged floor claim) I would need one estimate.
• I was told after sending the damage estimate that I would also need a second estimate.
• Original expectation at the point of the original order was one delivery and a satisfied customer.
• Actual to this date, it will cause me 3 delivery arrangements to be at my home, 2 arrangements to be at my home for damaged floor estimates, 1 Insurance Adjuster visit to my home, and who knows how many arrangements I’ll have to make to have the floors repaired.
• Each arrangement to be at home causes me to be absent from my home, plus round trip travel from work to home and back to work of 65 miles.
100% Unsatisfied Customer
Are You Upset Or Frustrated At A Business?
- sears delivery damaged my floor
- delivery man scratched my hardwood floor
- delivery window sears saturday
- sears delivery scratched floor
- sears delivery scratched hardwood floor
- Sears Floor damage during appliance install