To: Qatar Airways. Doha – Qatar. Dear Sirs, Let me introduce myself, I am Issa Nasrawi, a Jordanian national, residing in Qatar and I am a frequent traveller of Qatar Airways, having membership of Qatar Airways Privilege Club. The reason for writing this letter is to bring to your notice the loss of my baggage while I travelled to Amman, Jordan for a short holiday during Eid Al Fitr, along with my family, i.e. on 29th August 2011 by QR400, and we had 7 pieces of checked in baggage.
Upon our arrival in Amman, we discovered that one of our bags was missing, which contained most of our daily usage items, e.g. shaver, cameras, misc. chargers, dresses, etc. etc. We had to wait at the airport until the last passenger from our aircraft had left. Finally, we found a bag similar to ours left behind without a claimant, meaning that our bag had mistakenly been taken by somebody else leaving their bag at the airport. We assumed that there is a mistake in picking up the bags and that it should be returned to us within 24 hours.
Accordingly, I put up a complaint at the airport and I received a copy of the report with a telephone number for follow up along with the case file ref. AMMQR16097 / 29AUG11/ 1330GMT; I would like to enumerate the incident as follows:
1) 29th August 2011: Arrival at Amman Airport
2) 30th August 2011: I started the follow-up with the concerned office through the phone – no news about the lost bag.
3) 31st August 2011: I continued the follow-up with the same office as above – No news about the bag.
4) 01st Sept. 2011: Again I called the office and I was informed that they had been trying to contact Qatar Airways office, but there was no reply so far, then I managed to get the telephone number from them and started the follow-up directly with Qatar Airways.
5) 01st Sept. 2011: I called Qatar Airways office for the first time, but got no answer.
6) 02nd Sept. 2011: I called Qatar Airways and got a reply, but there was no sign of the bag.
7) 02nd Sept. 2011: I called QR again and requested them, kindly to check the “unclaimed bag” and to call the owner of that bag.
8) 03rd Sept. 2011: I called QR and I was informed that they had spoken to the owner of the “unclaimed bag” and that he did not realize that there was a mix-up in this matter, and that he was flying to Iraq the same night.
9) 03rd Sept. 2011: I called QR again and I talked to a person called Janti, who very kindly gave me his mobile number to follow-up with him on the matter.
10) 04th Sept. 2011: I followed up with QR but most of the time there was no reply, neither on the land line nor to the mobile.
11) 04th Sept. 2011: I managed to talk to somebody in QR office and I was told that Janti had gone on leave, and there was no news about my missing bag.
Page 2 of 2
12) 05th Sept. 2011: I followed up with QR and there was no news about the bag.
13) 05th Sept. 2011: I received the first call from QR at 6.00 p.m. and I was informed that they had got my bag. I informed them that there is no use bringing it to my home as I am flying back to Qatar on 06th Sept. 2011, and I can pick it up directly from Amman Airport while on my way to Doha, but the person insisted on delivering it, and he informed me that somebody else from his office would be calling me to take the address in order to deliver the bag.
14) 05th Sept. 2011: I received a call at 11.40 p.m.!!! from the person who was delivering the bag, asking about my address, I refused to give him the address as everyone in the house was fast asleep, “including myself”, and I requested him to call the next day.
15) 06th Sept. 2011: The bag was delivered at about 11.00 a.m.
16) 06th Sept. 2011: We flew back to Doha at 04.45 p.m. on QR2401
From the above enumeration, you will notice that there was a big shortfall on the part of Qatar Airways. They should have immediately contacted the owner of the unclaimed bag and asked him to bring my bag to the Airport to hand over to me and take away his bag left over there, instead of waiting all these days and inconveniencing myself and my family.
May I bring to your kind attention that people are going on short/long vacation for certain purposes, they cannot waste their precious time communicating and following up with airlines for someone else’s mistake.
I would therefore, request that you to take appropriate action regarding this matter as I had to make alternative arrangements for the items in the missing bag, causing me great inconvenience; and awaiting your prompt response together with your proposal for due compensation, rather than I submit my claim.
I am enclosing herewith copies of the following documents for your perusal and necessary action:
Are You Upset Or Frustrated At A Business?
- qatar airways lost and found
- how can i get my missing bag through Qatar airway
- qatar airways lost and found contact number
- areply message for a lost luggage
- qatar airways how to file lost bag on line
- qatar airways doha lost and found